Live Wedding Paintings
Looking for a way to make your upcoming wedding (or event) in Arizona stand out? Share the experience of live painting with a live painter for your wedding.
Live event painting is a specialty service where Robert Jackson paints the scene around him as the scene is happening. Robert Jackson provides the ultimate way to preserve your special day by capturing your celebration on canvas. A live event painting by Robert Jackson is a one-of-a-kind experience, offering a family heirloom-quality original painting on canvas. That’s because it requires a painter who is extremely fast, makes quick decisions, and is comfortable with a live, engaged audience. Contact Robert Jackson Fine Art with your wedding or event date today and bring the beauty of a live wedding artist to your upcoming event!
How It Works
Once the booking form is complete, you will be contacted to schedule a consultation meeting with Robert Jackson Fine Art. This meeting will be an opportunity to lay out your vision for your live painting and secure your date with a booking fee of 25% and contract for terms and agreement.
After the date has been reserved and the vision of your painting has been mapped out, there is only one thing left to do: Step back and enjoy one of the most important days of your life!
Robert Jackson will arrive at the venue approximately two to three hours early to set up, which typically includes a portable wooden easel and his painting supplies. The objective is to blend in with the ambiance of your day; “live painting” should never be an eyesore or distraction. During the time prior to the scheduled event, Robert will focus on laying out the overall design and composition of the painting, such as the décor, building structures, and background. This will give your guest a preview of what’s to come as they arrive.
Upon completion of your painting, it will be framed and displayed for final presentation to the bride, groom, and guests.
Live Wedding Paintings
Live Wedding Painting prices start at $1499.00. Please contact us for a consultation.
This cost includes all supplies needed to create the painting, completed to your satisfaction – varnished, wired, and ready for pickup! We understand that schedules do not always work in our favor. Please consider our Studio Wedding Portraits for other options
Contact Robert Jackson
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long does the artwork take?
- Acrylic paintings require me to set up before the event, so I can get in a full 5 hours to finish the work. No matter how long your event is, however, I will make sure the artwork is completed and perfect before you receive it, even if that means an overnight trip to my studio. Every now and then I run across an evening so complex and crazy that it needs more time, or an unexpected time crunch.
- What materials do you use for the artwork?
- Acrylic paintings are created on stretched cotton canvas with Golden artist acrylic paint and Winsor & Newton professional acrylic paint.
- Does the artwork come framed?
- The acrylic paintings are finished on a canvas that you could potentially hang on your wall, the minute you get home. It’s up to you how/if you want to frame them. The watercolors will require framing, for the artwork’s protection from damage and for proper display.
- Do you need the venue to supply anything for you?
- I bring all my own supplies, including my easel, a light to see by, and a water jar. All I need is a place to get water (which is never a problem) and an electrical outlet close by, in case I need to plug in my light.
- Are you willing to travel?
- Of course! If the drive is over two hours from my home-base of Tucson, AZ, I only ask that my travel costs be covered by the client. If the venue is out of State, the client must provide a plane ticket, and a hotel room for one night if I can’t catch a red-eye after the event is over.
- I want you to paint my wedding ceremony, Is that an option?
- Absolutely. I’ll set up and start painting before the ceremony starts, work during the ceremony on your precious faces, then finish the painting during dinner, so people can watch the creation in real time.
- Can I have the ceremony and reception painted?
- If the ceremony is long (longer than 15 min) and the venues of the ceremony and the reception are less than a mile apart, then I can paint two paintings on your big night. This is a rare and difficult thing to do, so I have to discuss the venue and timing with each individual bride before I agree to this particular package. Sometimes there simply isn’t enough time for me to start and finish the ceremony painting, travel to the reception, and start and finish the reception painting too. I want to make sure every event painting is perfect!